Clinical Chemistry: Principles, Techniques, Correlations
With clear explanations that balance analytic principles, techniques, and correlation of results with coverage of disease states, the book not only demonstrates the how of clinical testing, but also the what, why, and when of testing correlations to help students develop the knowledge and interpretive and analytic skills they’ll need in their future careers.
Comprehensive and easy to understand, the 8th Edition now features an entirely new chapter, new and updated learning aids, and an unparalleled suite of teaching and learning resources.
- New Case Studies , which include scenarios, lab results, and questions, stimulate critical thinking and encourage students to apply content to clinical practice.
- Rewritten presentations condense large and difficult concepts into easier-to-understand presentations.
- Enhanced photos and illustrations clarify key concepts.
- Coverage of the latest equipment and technologies used in today’s modern lab prepares students for real-world practice.
- The basic principles of analytic procedures discussed reflect the most recent or commonly performed techniques in the clinical chemistry laboratory, while material on non-essential topics such as Phlebotomy and Specimen Collection has been moved online on thePoint.
- Insightful coverage of the impact of problem solving, quality assurance, and cost effectiveness on the laboratory professional prepares students for clinical practice.
- Updated in-text learning aids include chapter outlines and chapter objectives, tables that condense and augment theory coverage, and end-of-chapter questions that give students an opportunity to assess their level of mastery.