Health Psychology: Theory, Research and Practice
Health Psychology students will need to understand how to evaluate and critically-appraise the latest theory and research before it can be applied. This fully-revised and updated fourth edition takes a critical approach and places Health Psychology in a real-world context, enabling students to understand how public policy, theory and research can influence communities and individuals alike.
The new edition includes:
- A new chapter on diet and obesity
- Updated material on stress and coping, doctor-patient communication, death, dying, bereavement and quality of life
- Introductions to the social, political and economic conditions that influence our health
- Breadth of coverage from social inequality through to chronic illness and screening
- An enhanced SAGE edge™ companion website (edge.sagepub.com/marks4e) with a suite of features to enhance students′ learning experience.
Sage Publications Ltd