Varleisha Gibbs, PhD, OTD, OTR/L, has created a unique, evidence-based resource for helping children who have trouble self-regulating, staying focused, managing their senses and controlling their emotions.
Based on the latest research in neuroscience, Self-Regulation & Mindfulness provides highly practical, kid friendly lessons to teach therapists, parents, educators and children about their brain and body, so they can build the needed skills to self-regulate.
– Hands-on activities
– Step-by-step exercises
– Coloring pages and worksheets
Clear, concise and fun activities to address your children’s arousal, attention, and social participation:
– Touch and Heavy Work
– Hydration and Oral Motor Activities
– Metronome, Timing and Sequencing Exercises
– Right and Left Brain Integration Methods
– Patterns and Repetition Recognition
– Vision and Sound Skills
– Movement Coordination
– Inhibition Techniques