The Patient History: Evidence-Based Approach (Tierney, The Patient History)
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The definitive evidence-based introduction to patient history-taking
NOW IN FULL COLOR
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
For medical students and other health professions students, an accurate differential diagnosis starts with The Patient History. The ideal companion to major textbooks on the physical examination, this trusted guide is widely acclaimed for its skill-building, and evidence based approach to the medical history.
Now in full color, The Patient History defines best practices for the patient interview, explaining how to effectively elicit information from the patient in order to generate an accurate differential diagnosis. The second edition features all-new chapters, case scenarios, and a wealth of diagnostic algorithms. Introductory chapters articulate the fundamental principles of medical interviewing. The book employs a rigorous evidenced-based approach, reviewing and highlighting relevant citations from the literature throughout each chapter.
- NEW! Case scenarios introduce each chapter and place history-taking principles in clinical context
- NEW! Self-assessment multiple choice Q&A conclude each chapter―an ideal review for students seeking to assess their retention of chapter material
- NEW! Full-color presentation
- Essential chapter on red eye, pruritus, and hair loss
- Symptom-based chapters covering 59 common symptoms and clinical presentations
- Diagnostic approach section after each chapter featuring color algorithms and several multiple-choice questions
- Hundreds of practical, high-yield questions to guide the history, ranging from basic queries to those appropriate for more experienced clinicians