Urinalysis and Body Fluids
- Uses a clear, reader-friendly writing style.
- Examines the chemistry of urinalysis, including…
- Reactions on dip sticks
- Confirmatory methods
- Causes of false positives and negatives
- Different levels of sensitivity in the two major dip stick producers
- Organizes reagent strip information with headers that clearly delineate the clinical significance, reactions, and interference.
- Uses case studies and clinical situations to promote problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Provides procedure and summary boxes for quick reference.
- Includes study questions at the end of each chapter that emulate questions on the national ASCP examination.
- Discusses the safety precautions needed to guard against hazards related to urine and body fluid analyses.
- Features more than 175 full-color slides of urine, cerebrospinal, seminal, synovial, serous, and vaginal fluids, positioned close to the related text.
- Reviews renal physiology and renal function testing.
- Offers comprehensive discussions of the physical, chemical, and microscopic analyses of urine.
- Describes, in detail, the laboratory tests used for the diagnosis and monitoring of diseases of glomerular, tubular, interstitial, and vascular origins.
- Covers quality assurance and management, including requirements of accrediting agencies.
- Discusses instrumentation currently used the urinalysis laboratory.