Everything You Need to Know About Caregiving for Parkinson’s Disease (Everything You Need to Know About Parkinson’s Disease) (Volume 2)
Everything You Need to Know about Caring for Someone with Parkinson’s – All in One Place!
This comprehensive guide answers your most important questions about caring for someone with Parkinson’s Disease. Written in easy to understand every day English, this book is the result of 25 years experience and research in living a life with Parkinson’s Disease. Filled with information, tips and helpful hints on a wide range of topics, Caregiving for Parkinson’s will help guide you through all the many stages of caregiving.
Here’s some of what you’re going to discover:
- Discover what to expect as a caregiver. How much will it cost? How will it affect you physically? How long will your caregiving journey last?
- The 6 essential legal documents you’ll want to have prepared for your loved one with Parkinson’s.
- 7 Things you should NOT to do when caregiving. Try to avoid making these mistakes.
- What you should know about the common medications prescribed for Parkinson’s patients and how to help your loved one get the most out of them.
- 16 Tips to make sure your home is “Parkinson’s proof”.
- Why depression is common in people with Parkinson’s and how you can help your loved one alleviate this negative emotion.
- The 3 different types of hallucinations and delusions and what you can do if your loved one experiences them.
- How to prevent falls. (Is your loved one’s living space safe?)
- 29 Tips to make mealtimes and swallowing easier for your loved one, and how taking an important Red Cross course could be a life saver.
- How to care for your loved one if you live miles away, plus long-distance caregiving “NO’s” – you ‘ll definitely want to avoid doing these 3 things!
- 8 Techniques you can use in order to help your loved one manage “freezing”. You’ll learn a neat little trick discovered by accident that works very effectively.
- 15 Tips for helping you and your loved one get a better night’s sleep.
This book isn’t just about caring for your loved one; it’s also about caring for YOU. Inside you’ll learn:
- How to deal with the emotional side of caregiving. What should you do when you feel overwhelmed?
- 23 of the most common signs of caregiver stress.
- 2 Main types of formal respite care and how to decide which one’s best.
- How to set boundaries when you have a hard time saying “no”.
- 7 Important strategies to help you find time for yourself.
- Why guilt is a normal part of caregiving and the 7 ways you can deal with it.
- How to cope with loneliness.
- The relationship between caregiving and weight gain, including 14 tips to help you lessen this unwanted “side effect”.
- 15 Key strategies you can use to prevent caregiver burnout.
You’ll find these tips too:
- How to decide whether or not to move your loved one into a nursing home.
- How to know when your loved one should stop driving and what to do if they won’t give up their keys.
- What to do when no one will help you care for your loved one.
- Learn the special needs of a spousal caregiver. There are a few that may surprise you.
- 17 Tips to help you care for a loved one with both Parkinson’s and dementia.
- What to do if your loved one refuses Home Care.
- How to keep peace in your family throughout the caregiving process.
- 6 Tips to help you in the grieving process if your loved has dementia.
- Essential caregiving resources including where to find financial assistance, caregiving courses and support groups.
- Helpful gadgets for people with Parkinson’s.
- And much more…
Scroll up and get your and get your copy now.