The seventh edition of Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology provides students with the most readable and comprehensive survey of research methods, statistical concepts and procedures in psychology today. Assuming no prior knowledge, this bestselling text takes you through every stage of your research project giving advice on planning and conducting studies, analysing data and writing up reports.
The book provides clear coverage of experimental, interviewing and observational methods, psychological testing, qualitative methods and analysis and statistical procedures which include nominal level tests, multi-factorial ANOVA designs, multiple regression, log linear analysis, and factor analysis. It features detailed and illustrated SPSS instructions for all these and other procedures, eliminating the need for an extra SPSS textbook.
New features to this edition include:
- Additional coverage of factor analysis and online and modern research methods
- Expanded coverage of report writing guidelines
- References updated throughout
- Presentation updated throughout, to include more figures, tables and full colour to help break up the text
- Companion website signposted throughout the book to improve student usability
- Improved and extended web links and further reading associated with every chapter.
Each chapter contains a glossary, key terms and newly integrated exercises, ensuring that key concepts are understood. A fully updated companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/coolican) provides additional exercises, testbanks for each chapter, revision flash cards, links to further reading and data for use with SPSS.