The Brain, the Nervous System, and Their Diseases [3 volumes]
This comprehensive encyclopedia provides a thorough overview of the human brain and nervous system―the body’s “CPU and data network.” It covers basic anatomy and function, diseases and disorders, treatment options, wellness concepts, and key individuals in the fields of neurology and neuroscience.
• Aligns with the Society for Neuroscience national standards and the U.S. National Science Education Standards for high school brain awareness curricula
• Covers the latest neuroscience research at the National Institutes of Health
• Presents biographies of famous scientists who furthered the knowledge of neuroscience and neurology
• Discusses steps readers can take to promote neurological health
• Links to online sources, including documentary films and other videos, to provide students with an immediate way to make the material come alive